Thursday 5 March 2009

It always start with a new logo...

Hi everyone, my name is Alex and I'm a Marketing student at University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. I am currently working on a project with the Scottish Sun (News International) and the agency DADA. It's called the Student Project and basically, it's about designing a communications campaign for the Sun to engage with students.

The cool part is that it's always nice to work on real projects when you're at uni, you know there is so much theory down here. On the other hand, I have to admit I've never read tabloids and it's a pretty daunting feeling to start working on something you absolutely don't know. So that's gonna be a weird and hopefully interesting journey. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna learn a lot.

So to begin, I just tried to design a new logo for the Scottish Sun. No big change, just trying to rejuvenate it a wee bit. I know changing a logo is not always the best strategic choice and can often be very expensive for very little returns (see what Pepsi did in the US...), but I just mean this as an experiment, and it's such good fun.


You can see the actual logo on their website. And here's mine:






See, I told you. No big change...but I kinda like it this way. Well to be honest this is not even part of my assignment, and I know I'm getting distracted, next post will be more serious. Or maybe not.

Oh and please feel free to give comments and feedback on the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment